Operation "Ka wo soke" | Ekiti State

Shocked!!! That was the  was the heart condition that welcomed me as I entered into the capital city of Ekiti sate; Ado Ekiti. I saw people,  both Old and young  in a posture that deserves a heavy laughter. Everyone walking through the street of ijigbo with there hands up.

It was called Operation “ka  wo soke” – Hands Up.
I was first baffled, until I was warned and compelled to fallow suit for my on benefits. The fierce looking Mopol and Police seated  across almost all corners of the street diligently looking for any entity that negates there command. I still couldn't comprehend what drove a civilized society into  this despicable state.

 Shouldn't citizens live in comfort and walk cross there father land with their shoulders high? Or Maybe the new posture of dignity is Walking through the street with all hands above, Just maybe... we never can tell
Until I stated asking questions from my co-trekkers. Alas they don;’t even have  the full gist.

Another question Hit me straight up, What should be the attitude of the learner-ed? Is it not to “know” and strive to eradicate all appearances of ignorance? Is the the new Ekiti where Ignoramus people supersedes the Learner-ed.
Well, after series of disappointments. I pocket my curiosity until I got into s places where I know for certain my hunger to know would be feed.

To cut the story short. The daily profit of a Driver’s Wife was snatched at sabo – where Hausa’s reside. Another woman was reportedly raped in the same area some weeks ago. Although the public are uncertain whether these cruel acts were done by Hauses or an hooligan used there community as an hide out. 

Therefore some groups called the “Irate Youths” are on rampage, burning the King’s market as an at of retaliation holding diggers and the likes restraining the Fire Extinguishers from performing their duties.
This unsettled acts lead the governor to declare a  dusk to dawn curfew – 6am to 6pm-

I wish  I could share some pictures from my experience of the “Operation Ka wo soke”. Behold, it was wiser to just be calm and not raise suspicion lest I should be sitting under a police van.

My desire for all Nigerian states is that may peace continually rain there in.  May the wave of Societal instability and insecurity never rock your abode.

Ekiti a gbe a ooo
Nigeria; One People, Great Nation.

Share this:

, , ,

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment